|Salary||£45,000 - £50,000|
My client, based in Cambridge, are seeking a Software Engineer to join their existing team.
The Software Engineer will be part of a small software team which is defining the intelligence which is resident in each of our embedded nodes running Linux. This role involves developing back end server functionality written in Python and Go. This forms part of our automatic network management system.
• You will have a broad software development remit. This is likely to include:
• Digest high-level customer requirements and architectural guidance from the team to
• produce back end server functionality
• Become an expert in our network management system
• Identifying opportunities to make technology-driven operational and process improvements
• Developing of new products and products’ features
• Documenting and testing the code you produce
• Debugging and fixing issues found from live field deployments
Essential skills & experience required:
• Enthusiasm, flexibility and the desire to work in a small dynamic team are more important than
• specific technical skills, but you will probably have significant experience of:
• Google Go development
• Web applications
• Linux based development environments
• Python and other scripting languages
• Network management
• Revision control systems (git)
• Knowledge of Linux including network setup and configuration
• Experience of unit testing and continuous integration
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear IT Recruitment Limited.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.