|Salary||£50,000 - £60,000|
My client, based in Cambridge, are seeking a Networking Software Engineer.
The Networking Software Engineer will be part of a small software team which is defining the networking which is resident in each of our embedded nodes running Linux. This role is focussed on developing both custom and standard networking enhancements which efficiently route traffic through switches at carrier grade quality.
• Setting up and controlling hardware and software switches at multi-Gbit speeds
• Implementing QoS and load balancing techniques
• Documenting and testing the code you produce
• Debugging and fixing issues found in test
• Opportunity to see your code deployed on live networks
Essential Skills & Experience required:
• Enthusiasm, flexibility and the desire to work in a small dynamic team are more important than
• specific technical skills, but you will probably have significant experience of:
• Embedded C development
• Knowledge of multi-port hardware switches
• Familiarity with Linux based development environments
• Layer 2 Networking including Ethernet switching, VLAN configuration, QinQ etc.
• IPv4/v6 networking concepts and administration including routing, NAT, firewall, etc.
• Python and other scripting languages
• Network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
• Revision control systems (git)
• Layer 2/3 routing protocols
• Virtualisation frameworks
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear IT Recruitment Limited.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.