Exciting opportunity for a Lead Electrician to be part of an established and growing organisation based in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire.
Purpose and Aim:
A lead panel electrician has the target to build panels and/or carry out site panel modifications according to the requirements of a project regarding cost, quality and delivery time. They will often be leading activities on multiple projects at the same time.
More than 90% of working hours should be spent either as an electrician who lays out the panel, builds the panel and tests them or as commissioning engineer up to and including I/O test.
In the remaining time the lead panel electrician estimates, plans, leads and supports the team members who are assigned to work on his project activities. They also report progress on a regular basis to the respective project leaders.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- To ensure the safety of activities in the workshop as stipulated in the safety policy.
- To support the Project Leaders and Production Manager in all matters.
- To inform the Production Manager of problems of any kind.
- To inform the Production Manager about absences in good time.
- To organise infrastructure for his team members in conjunction with the Production Manager.
- To attend the employee meetings.
- To suggest improvements in technical matters.
- To attend any improvement meetings and contribute actively.
- To try to ensure good relationships with customers and other members of staff.
- To take over special tasks from the Production Manager
- To complete their part of the project applying the procedures, guidelines, forms and checklists
- stipulated in the quality assurance system.
- To prepare plans, task breakdowns at the beginning of a project and keep them updated with
- progress on a regular basis
- To keep project leaders informed about progress, issues etc.
- To inform the project leader of problems maintaining timescale, cost targets and the customer's
- quality requirements.
- To supervise the adherence to the guidelines as written in the quality assurance system.
- To supervise the progress of activities, estimate the labour and materials to complete the project.
- To update the Project Control Sheets with the above estimates to complete and inform the
- relevant project leaders when this is completed.
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear IT Recruitment Limited.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.