|Salary||£26,000 - £36,000|
My client based in Cambridge are seeking a talented and enthusiastic Junior IT Systems and Security Administrator to support their growing IT demand.
Key skills and responsibilities:
• Assist with the monitoring, research and implementation of improvements to Institute IT security controls and technologies.
• Assist with improvements of IT services and products.
• Assist with the evaluation, implementation, configuration and testing of new servers, products and services.
• Assist with additional configuration, integration, and improvements to existing IT services, particularly to improve service security.
• Assist with the deployment of OS and application updates to Windows clients, including pre- deployment research and testing.
• Assist with the monitoring of performance, events and logs to report on any significant events and maintain service stability.
• Assist with user account and mailbox administration following starters/leavers or account amendment requests.
• Provide 2nd and 3rd line support for Helpdesk incident requests and perform initial troubleshooting for servers and their applications, as required.
• Assist with server backup monitoring, verification and restore tests.
• Assist in the patching and updating of allocated Windows server systems.
• Assist with server-dependent services such as DNS, DHCP, SQL database, and Anti-virus changes.
• Ensure that all changes and procedures are documented to a high standard and meet audit requirements.
Key Qualifications and Experience:
• Recent experience supporting and administering Windows Servers in a Corporate enfironment.
• Recent experience of widely used IT services, including: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, RADIUS, Certificate authorities.
• Proven troubleshooting and fault-finding experience in a corporate environment.
• Proven experience producing and maintaining procedures, change control and other IT documentation.
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear IT Recruitment Limited.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.