|Salary||£24,000 - £28,500|
|Location||Bethnal Green, London|
Our client is seeking an experienced IT Technician based in Bethnal Green, London.
You will be working as an active member of the IT services department providing technical support for all aspects of ICT activities and resources across the school, working alongside staff and pupils.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To assist the Deputy IT Manager with the support and development of ICT provision and use throughout the school.
• To provide a wide range of technical support.
• To undertake day to day maintenance (including changing printer cartridges, projector bulbs, remotes, IWB pens, etc) and repair of ICT equipment and to participate in a preventative maintenance programme.
• To support other network based systems such as IP telephony, access control, CCTV, cashless catering, wireless AP, internet filtering, antivirus protection, data backups etc.
• To support with the setting up of equipment for both curricular and extra-curricular activities such as assemblies, training sessions and after school clubs.
• To maintain a daily work log, recording details of tasks undertaken and regular reporting to other members of the department.
• To ensure that ICT systems, procedures and assets are documented and that movement of assets is controlled and centralised and the helpdesk inventory is kept up to date. This will include hot swap stock and spares.
• To perform software installation and pre installation testing and maintenance of the software library – recording and maintaining software utilised and licensing requirements.
• To support with ICT equipment disposal, ensuring that this is carried out in accordance with the school and statutory guidelines.
• To assist with the installation, configuration and upgrading of all school ICT equipment and resources.
• To distribute resources and provide informal support of staff in the use of hardware and software, including online cloud-based platforms such as Google Classroom & Office 365.
• To support the school in the delivery of an efficient SIMS MIS.
• Any other duties commensurate with the grading of the post.
• A good understanding of LAN and network technologies and Microsoft operating systems (both client and server). Experience of Mac OS and applications would be desirable.
• A sound knowledge of PC Hardware, with the ability to install, configure and troubleshoot PC components and peripherals and to perform minor repairs.
• To liaise with third-party technical support/maintenance personnel and supervise any on-site activity.
• To monitor network security and have an acute awareness of data-security issues.
You will need an Enhanced DBS check to work within this school.
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear IT Recruitment Limited.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.