|Salary||£20,000 - £26,000|
Our client is a leading IT Managed Services provider, delivering an end-to-end IT service. Their support platform connects, manages and supports their clients so they can get on with running their business using the power of technology, delivering technical solutions that meet their commercial objectives.
Our client will consider both Junior and experienced candidates for this role.
Successful candidates will take responsibility for the day-to-day running of the IT systems and networks, including backups, and for performing regular checks to ensure the smooth functioning of such systems. They will be working as a member of the systems admin team help to improve current services and deploy new technologies.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Administering, monitoring and supporting internal/external networks, servers, email, database and security systems.
• Configuring and setting up new client IT environments.
• Scheduling and performing system maintenance tasks.
• Analysing systems and making recommendations to improve performance.
• Troubleshooting problems, undertaking emergency maintenance and agreeing longer-term remedial actions.
• Performing server backup and recovery operations and restarting systems following outages.
• Liaising between users, outside suppliers, and other members of the technical team.
• IT user administration.
• Responding as soon as possible to day-to-day queries from customers that come in via phone, email or online chat.
• Keeping customers updated with progress if an issue cannot be resolved straight away.
• Providing clear answers and explanations of technical problems to a non-technical audience.
• Troubleshooting issues methodically and finding solutions using your own initiative.
• Onsite visits to customers for issues that cannot be resolved remotely.
• Setting up laptops and desktops for client-specific needs.
• Involvement in technical implementation projects on customer sites.
• Administering AD, Azure, 365 and other cloud services as well as experience with AD, SQL and IP networking.
• Ensuring all responsibilities are met in accordance with company procedures.
• Understanding the need for confidentiality when dealing with both internal and external information.
• Flexibility to travel to client sites (UK only).
• Flexibility to work outside of or more than standard hours when necessary to achieve objectives required.
• Sound knowledge of the company’s service offering specific to this role.
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear IT Recruitment Limited.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.