|Salary||£55,000 - £59,500|
|Location||Long Stratton, Norfolk|
Our client is seeking an experienced ICT and Digital Manager to join their team in Long Stratton, Norfolk.
• Work closely with Assistant Director – Governance and Business Support to implement, monitor and develop the technical ICT strategy.
• Advise a range of stakeholders on the effective use and application of IC in order to support the business of the client and to support cost effective service delivery.
• Balance the needs of the Client and their customers with government ICT Security legislation, guidance and best practice.
• Ensure the Client’s systems are easily recoverable by providing for the disaster recovery and business continuity of their major systems.
• Lead the development, review and implementation of ICT operational policies and procedures in respect of mobile working, data security, data quality, information security, ICT disaster recovery and ICT communications.
• Manage ICT capital and revenue budgets and all resources effectively across the day to day and longer-term operations of the team
• Work in conjunction with the Transformation Manager to contribute and develop the Client’s strategies in respect of ICT and digital.
• Build and maintain effective partnerships with key service leads across the business, public sector stakeholders and external partners.
• Detailed knowledge of the national public sector ICT agenda including PSN and code of connection with the need to protect and keep public sector data secure.
• The ability to understand technical solutions and their application within the requirements of the Client to ensure that maximum performance and efficiencies are achieved.
• Demonstrable, extensive relevant experience in delivery of ICT and digital services within a public sector environment.
• Demonstrable experience in strategic planning and successful delivery of a range of complex ICT and digital projects, requiring senior stakeholder engagement.
• Good financial management skills demonstrated by experience of successfully managing service budgets and delivering cashable savings through the implementation of new technologies.
• Ability to translate strategies into operational requirements.
• Demonstrable ability to identify and exploit commercial opportunities for the benefit of an organisation.
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear IT Recruitment Limited.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.