|Salary||£30,000 - £80,000|
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Consultant to support a wide range of UK public sector, Defence, National Security and private sector organisations based in Guildford.
Duties will include:
Working either individually or as part of a larger team, you will undertake consultancy assignments that could include:
• Delivering business cases in accordance with the green book five case model and supporting the client in gaining the necessary approvals
• Developing strategies for future delivery of services to meet the client’s business needs, in accordance with their wider business strategies
• Supporting large technology procurements and investments in new facilities, including developing procurement documentation and evaluation strategies and evaluating bids
• Defining and managing benefits, benefits measures and Management Information, to allow clients to track return on investment in business and financial terms
• Producing User and Service Requirements Documentation
• Delivering concept phase, options analysis and investment appraisal products, including cost models.
• Providing client-side assurance that proposed technical solutions to business problems are fit for purpose
• Acting as Product Owner / Lead User on behalf of clients – providing suppliers with an authoritative business view
• Delivering business change / transformation products, including stakeholder engagement management plans; communication plans and products; training needs analyses and training packages
Applicants must possess:
Experience within the UK Public Sector is desirable, preferably within business areas, programmes or projects with a direct link to technology. The fast-changing nature of the ICT environment together with the need to resource multiple, ad-hoc assignments also requires the individual to be intellectually agile, proactive and self-motivated – with the ability to apply a structured approach to often unfamiliar subject matter.
Experience in the application of a number of the following would be desirable:
• Business or systems analysis methods and tools, e.g. BPMN, UML
• Agile and Lean standards, methodologies and approaches, e.g. Scrum, Kanban, GDS Service Manual
• Programme and Project Management methods e.g. MSP, PRINCE2, DSDM, Scaled Agile Framework
• Public sector best practice guidance, e.g. ITIL, OGC toolkit, Better Business Cases
• Standard methodologies for: o Requirements capture and analysis
• Feasibility studies and business case development
• Requirements capture and analysis
• Cost modelling and investment appraisal
• Training Needs Analysis
• Procurement and Contracting Strategies
Due to the nature of customer side working, regular travel within the UK should be expected. The base office is in Guildford but you should expect to spend the majority of your time working on client sites.
Preference is given to candidates with a STEM based degree and/or post-graduate qualification.
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear Legal Recruitment Limited.